Copper Mountain Soccer is a year-round club designed to provide all players on each team a competitive environment both in training and in games. The commitment necessary for the team is a responsibility borne by both the player and family. Prior to accepting a potential position on the roster it is important that everyone agrees to and understands the commitment being made to the team for the benefit of all players on the team. Please feel free to talk directly to the Coach with any concerns or questions you might have in advance of accepting a place on the roster.
We recognize that the commitment required for competition soccer is not for everyone, but it is necessary for this team in order to allow players who do wish to move beyond a seasonal recreational commitment to move forward and be challenged. The commitment is to a year-round program beginning June 1, 2020 and continuing until May 31, 2021 with a focus on both the fall and spring seasons.
1. When placed on the roster, each player commits to being at all games unless they are ill, injured or have a major and unavoidable family event, etc. Tournament play can be an exception assuming the team can get a guest player.
2. While players may play multiple sports which may create occasional conflicts, players recognize that the commitment to the team is for at least two weekly soccer practices throughout the year along with games each week while in season.
Please arrive 20 minutes early to the first day of tryouts to check-in and get a tryout shirt. You will need to do the following:
- Complete the online waiver for each player BEFORE showing up to the first day of tryouts.
- Pay for a $10 tryout shirt that will be required for each player trying out for a CMS team. Payment can be made through Venmo to @cmsoccer or payment can be brought to tryouts.
- Players must wear shinguards and cleats, bring a properly inflated soccer ball with their name on it, and plenty of water.
Coaches will be contacting players to let them know where they placed after tryouts, so results for tryouts will not be posted. This is a tedious process so please allow a couple of days for the coaches to reach everyone. If you have waited longer than two days, feel free to reach out to the coaches. However, three days is not out of the ordinary to wait to hear back since the process of building a roster can be delayed for several reasons. Thank you for trying out for a Copper Mountain team!
2020 Tryout Schedule
2012 (U9) THRU 2009 (U12) BIRTH YEAR PLAYERS
JUNE 8TH - JUNE 13TH
2008 (U13) THRU 2002 (U19) BIRTH YEAR PLAYERS
JUNE 15TH - JUNE 20TH
If you are interested in playing for one of our coaches or teams, please contact the coach directly to set up a time for an evaluation prior to tryouts.
Our club is committed to the safety of our players. Running tryouts in the yellow phase means that we will be taking the following precautions:
· Pinnies will not be used by more than one player
· Pinnies will be washed after each night of tryouts
· Players should social distance before and after tryouts and maintain a 6' distance from others
· Coaches will maintain at least a 6' distance from players at all times
· Players are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer to use at the commencement of tryout, during breaks and at the conclusion of the tryout session
· Players must bring their own water for use during tryout - there will be no sharing of water/drinks
· Parents must confirm player is symptom free before attending tryout and restrict player attendance if the answer is 'yes' to any question below
o Does the player have a temperature >= 38°C (100.4°F) or <= 35°C (95°F)?
o Is the player currently experiencing any symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, lost sense of smell or taste, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea?
o Do you have anyone in your household that has tested positive for COVID-19, or exhibited a fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
· Parents may accompany their player to check-in for tryout while observing social distancing. Parents will return to their vehicle during tryouts. Spectators are prohibited during tryouts. At the conclusion of the tryout, players will proceed directly to their vehicle.